Blueberry Lemon Loaf
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup milk
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Grate the zest from the lemon onto a small plate. Cut the lemon on half, and squeeze the juice from both halves. Make a topping by whisking together 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, and the confectioners' sugar n a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the white sugar, melted butter, eggs, sour cream, the remaining lemon zest, and the remaining lemon juice in a large bowl until evenly blended. Stir in the milk and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate large bowl. Remove 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture and set aside. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour the milk mixture into the well and stir the batter just until combined.
- Fold the frozen blueberries into the reserved 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture, then fold the blueberries into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven, immediately poke holes all over the top of the loaf with a toothpick, and pour the topping evenly over the loaf. Cool the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
The Creative Cook