Mrs. Hudson's Tea Room Blueberry Loaf
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar (I substituted 1/3 cup plus 1-1/2 tablespoons Truvia)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
2 cups fresh blueberries (I used frozen)
1/4 cup sugar (I used sugar in the raw)
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (I turned oven down to 350 degrees halfway through baking).
2. Generously butter a 5 x 10 inch loaf pan and dust with flour, tapping out excess; set aside. You can also line pan with parchment if you like.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Working over the bowl, toss blueberries in a fine sieve with about 1-1/2 teaspoons flour mixture to lightly coat; set aside the flour mixture and the blueberries.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer or using a handheld mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
6. Mix in the vanilla extract.
7. With the mixer on low speed, add reserved flour mixture, beating until just combined. Add milk, beating until just combined. Do not over mix.
8. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the blueberries.
9. Use spatula to put batter evenly into loaf pan.
10. For topping mix together 1/4 cup sugar and nutmeg. Sprinkle sugar mixture on top of loaf batter.
11. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until loaf is golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
12. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes before serving.