This is another recipe that I made with the bounty from my neighbor's garden. I must clarify that my neighbor/friend is not the one who tends to the garden. It is her husband who does all the work and I reap the bounty of his labor. Thank you both. I added chicken tenderloins, dry white wine and a minced shallot to the recipe to jazz up our dinner. We had my sister-in-law down for a visit and needed to make something delicious for her. This meal really worked great.
Garlic Lover’s Fettuccine with Olive Oil, Garlic and Zucchini
By Katel from www.food.com
1 lb. zucchini, cut in 2-inch julienne strips
1/3 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
¾ lb. whole wheat fettuccine or ¾ lb. fettuccine
½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional Additional Herbs:
Fresh basil, chopped
Fresh sage leaves, chopped
Fresh thyme leaves, chopped
Fresh marjoram, chopped
1. Steam zucchini 5 minutes and remove from heat
2. Begin bringing water to a boil in a large pot for the pasta. Add a generous amount of sea salt to the water.
3. Heat the olive oil with the garlic in a small pan over very low heat. The garlic should simmer gently, never turning brown. It should simmer for 10 minutes. When the garlic is golden and the oil aromatic, remove from the heat.
4. Cook the pasta al dente, and when it is done, spoon into a warmed serving dish.
5. Toss with the oil and garlic, add the remaining ingredients.
6. Serve at once with additional Parmesan cheese.
The Creative Cook