These cookies are from the FoodNetwork website but they originate from Trisha Yearwood. I made them for the first time today. The cookies are yummy. They are different from the average Christmas cookies. I highly recommend these even if you don't like white chocolate.
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
courtesy Trisha Yearwood
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packaged light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and both sugars together until smooth.
3. Add the vanilla and egg, mixing well. Sift together the flour and baking soda.
4. Spoon the flour mixture gradually into the creamed sugar mixture.
5. Stir in the cranberries, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
6. Drop by heaping spoonfuls, about 2 tablespoons, onto the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
7. Bake 1 sheet at a time until lightly golden on top and the edges are set, 12 to 15 minutes.
8. Cool on the sheet about 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
The Creative Cook
Saturday, December 1, 2012
I made this banana bread for my cookie exchange last year. I wanted to make it again this year but I had a hard time finding the recipe. I figured that I better post it so that I don't lose it again.
Cranberry Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
1 cup white sugar
½ cup butter, melted (I used coconut oil)
1 cup mashed banana
¼ cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup almonds, chopped
6 ounce package Craisins or Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the milk and eggs, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the almonds and dried cranberries. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Posted by bloggingmom at 9:26 PM