Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Blueberry Streusel Muffins






I love blueberry muffins. When I saw this recipe, I had to try it. The streusel sounded so yummy to me. And it is really good. The muffins come out large. But since I have only got a regular size twelve muffin tin I simply filled only 6 of the cups instead of all 12. The muffins were not nearly as huge as I imagined they would be, though. I guess I was thinking they would be like the giant muffins I used to get back in the day when I worked in Manhattan. But no. I'm certainly better off that they are just big and not gigantic! I sure don't need the extra calories. Try these when you have time. They are really tasty.

I have pictures of the muffins but I'm getting an error message when I try to add the photos. I'll try again later. Yesterday, I couldn't get on the internet that's why I didn't post a blueberry recipe. I will try to add another one later today to make up for it. I am just experiencing a few technical difficulties! ~ I finally got the photos to post on my blog!


BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS
Makes 6 Jumbo Muffins
Active: 30 Min.
Total: 70 Min.

1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup blueberries
¼ cup yellow cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup sugar
2 large eggs
½ cup milk
1/3 cup (5 Tbsp plus 1 tsp) unsalted butter, melted
3 Tbsp lemon juice

Streusel
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup (4 Tbsp) unsalted butter, softened

Drizzle
½ cup confectioners sugar
2 to 2-1/4 tsp milk

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 6 jumbo –size muffin cups with paper liners or coat with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Make Streusel: With fork or fingers, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Add butter until blended and crumbly.

3. Place flour in medium bowl. Remove 1 Tbsp and toss with blueberries in a small bowl. To remaining flour, add yellow cornmeal, baking powder and salt; mix well, in another bowl, whisk sugar with eggs, milk, melted butter and lemon juice.

4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just blended; fold in blueberries.

5. Spoon about ½ cup batter into each muffin cup; crumble streusel on top. Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes in pan, remove muffins from pan and cool on wire rack.

6. Make Drizzle: Mix ½ cup confectioners’ sugar and 2 to 2-1/4 tsp milk until smooth and pourable. Drizzle over muffins.


Enjoy!

The Creative Cook

0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: