POTATO CHEESE CASSEROLE
6 large red potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾ inch cubes
2 cups cubed mozzarella cheese
1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
1 cup sour cream
3 green onions, finely chopped
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
Salt and pepper
1-1/2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded and divided
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish.
3. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 – 12 minutes or until tender, drain, set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine the next 10 ingredients, and 1 cup Swiss cheese; mix well.
5. Fold in the potatoes.
6. Spoon into greased baking dish.
7. Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly brown.
8. Top with cheddar and remaining Swiss; sprinkle with paprika.
9. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Note: Fat-free and imitation sour cream and cheese products are not recommended for this recipe.