I know what you're thinking. . . another recipe for banana bread?! What! Yes, another banana bread recipe. I like banana bread and this one is very good. I bought my cinnamon chips at Prepared Pantry's online website. They are so good. They almost melt into the bread.
Banana Cinnamon Chip Bread with
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
¾ cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup cinnamon chips
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-1/2 inch by 4-1/2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Dust it lightly with flour and set aside.
· Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
· Mix the bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Add the flour mixture and carefully stir. Don’t over mix. Add in the cinnamon chips and gently stir.
· In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
· Add the batter to the loaf pan and smooth out with a spatula. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar topping generously over the batter.
· Bake bread for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack.
· Let bread cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan. Cool, slice and enjoy.
The Creative Cook