Friday, May 30, 2014

Macadamia White Chocolate Cookies with Raspberry Chips







Frankly, I decided to make these cookies because I have had a bag of raspberry chips in my freezer for quite a while. I know they don't go bad but it was time to use them. I had white chocolate and macadamia nuts in the freezer, too. So, why not bake some of these. The recipe comes from the King Arthur Flour website. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed them. I can't said that I have ever eaten raspberry cookies of any sort before but these are really good. I stuck to the recipe for the most part. I bought the raspberry bits from the Prepared Pantry website. They are quite tasty. 

Macadamia White Chocolate Cookies
with Raspberry Chips

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups quick oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon raspberry flavor
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
3/4 cup raspberry bits


Preheat the oven to 350ºF.


1. Mix the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside


2. In the bowl of your stand-type mixer and with the paddle attachment, cream the sugar and butter together. Add the eggs and beat. Add the flavors.


3. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture in the stand-type mixer bowl. Beat until combined. Add the white chocolate chips and nuts and beat in. Add the raspberry bits. Do not beat more than necessary.


4. Drop dough in rounded mounds about 1 1/4 inches in diameter onto a very lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are set and the edges start to brown. Do not over bake—the centers will be soft. Remove immediately and let cool on a rack.









Enjoy!






The Creative Cook

0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: