I made this banana bread a few weeks ago. It was really tasty. I did not even notice it had banana in it. The recipe is from My San Francisco Kitchen. I am going to make it again, maybe tomorrow.
Marbled Banana Bread
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 70 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.
3. Add sugar and butter to a large bowl and beat with a mixer at a medium speed until well-blended.
4. Add banana, eggs, and yogurt; beat until blended.
5. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just blended.
6. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave or in a double boiler stirring until smooth.
7. Add 1 cup batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined.
8. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into a greased 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan.
9. Swirl batters together using a knife.
10. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
11. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then remove from pan and cool 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 1 loaf.
The Creative Cook