Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Creamy Avocado Lime Salmon


I made this recipe today for my husband and my son.  My son told me this was the best thing I have ever made. My husband was also impressed with this meal. The recipe came to me from a recipe board newsletter. The recipe board is called Delish. I'm telling you that their recipes really are delish!

Creamy Avocado Lime Salmon






·         



Total Time: 0:30

Prep: 0:10

Level: Easy

Serves: 4

Ingredients

For the Salmon

·        4 salmon fillets, skins removed (about 2 lbs. total)
·        2 tbsp. sesame oil
·        1 tbsp. honey
·        2 cloves garlic, minced
·        1/2 tsp. chili powder
·        1/4 tsp. kosher salt
·        1/4 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
·        1/4 c. sesame seeds

For The Sauce

·        1 avocado, diced
·        Juice of 1 lime
·        2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
·        1 tbsp. Greek yogurt
·        1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
·        kosher salt

Directions

1.     Preheat oven to 375º. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.

2.     Rinse salmon and pat dry, then place on baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine sesame oil, honey, garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Rub salmon with mixture, then spread 1 tablespoon sesame seeds over each fillet.

3.     Bake salmon 15 to 20 minutes, depending on thickness (about 10 minutes per 1" thickness, measured from the thickest part of the fillet). For crispier edges, broil the last 3 minutes.

4.     Meanwhile, make the sauce: Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Taste and add salt as desired.

5.     Remove cooked salmon from oven and serve with avocado sauce.


0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: