1 pound dry ziti pasta
1-1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, minced
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary (1/2 teaspoon dry rosemary)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound ground beef
½ pound ground pork sausage
1-1/2 (26 ounces) jars spaghetti sauce
Salt to taste
1 (6 ounce) package of provolone cheese sliced
1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1 (6 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in oil until tender. Stir in rosemary and garlic. Transfer to a small bowl.
3. Place ground beef and sausage in the skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Stir in the onion mixture and the spaghetti sauce. Season with salt. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. In the prepared dish, layer half of the cooked pasta, provolone cheese, ricotta and a little less than half the meat mixture. Then layer the rest of the pasta, mozzarella cheese, remaining meat mixture, and Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheeses are melted.