This recipe is similar to the breakfast casserole I posted last week but it uses bacon and Swiss. I made it but have not tried it yet. It is frozen and will be used on Father's Day. I can't wait to try it!
Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 60 minutes
8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
2 onions, sliced thin
12 slices white or French bread, quartered
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
4 cups milk
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Using the same pan, saute the onions until they are soft. Remove from pan and let cool.
2. Put 6 slices of bread, quartered in a greased 9" x 13" baking pan.
3. Add half of crumbled bacon, onion and cheese. Spread evenly.
4. Repeat layer of bread, bacon, onion, and cheese.
5. Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Beat until mixed and pour over bread.
6. Cover with foil or wrap and store in refrigerator over night.
7. In the morning, uncover casserole and let stand at room temperature until oven is preheated.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake the breakfast casserole for 45 - 55 minutes.
Serves 6-8 people.