I have one last blueberry recipe that I just came across. It looks amazing. I can't wait to try it. It comes from Sunset Magazine via a few blogs. I took this one directly from Sweet Pea's Kitchen.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8 inch square cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and butter. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Gently stir in berries. Spread level in prepared baking pan.
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares or wedges. Serve warm. Let cool 10 minutes, then cut into 9 squares.
Yields: 9 servings