This recipe is similar to the breakfast casserole I posted last week but it uses bacon and Swiss. I made it but have not tried it yet. It is frozen and will be used on Father's Day. I can't wait to try it!
Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 60 minutes
8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
2 onions, sliced thin
12 slices white or French bread, quartered
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
4 cups milk
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Using the same pan, saute the onions until they are soft. Remove from pan and let cool.
2. Put 6 slices of bread, quartered in a greased 9" x 13" baking pan.
3. Add half of crumbled bacon, onion and cheese. Spread evenly.
4. Repeat layer of bread, bacon, onion, and cheese.
5. Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Beat until mixed and pour over bread.
6. Cover with foil or wrap and store in refrigerator over night.
7. In the morning, uncover casserole and let stand at room temperature until oven is preheated.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake the breakfast casserole for 45 - 55 minutes.
Serves 6-8 people.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Monday, June 6, 2011
I don't know many kids that love banana bread. Actually, I know exactly one. That is my son. He raves about this banana bread. He has good taste. It must be pretty good.
Janet’s Rich Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
½ cup butter, melted (or coconut oil)
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or more - 1-1/2 tsps.)
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.