Easy Taco Pizza
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
1 pound lean ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning mix
1 can (4-ounces) diced green chilies
1 store bought pizza crust
1 can refried beans
1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Prepare ground beef according to seasoning packet directions. Be sure to drain excess fat after browning meat. Once the taco meat is prepared, stir in the chilies and set aside if still working on the other steps below.
3. While the meat is cooking, smear the pizza crust with the refried beans. Spread evenly across the crust leaving a ring of crust (unless you prefer to dress to the edge of the pizza).
4. Once taco meat is done, pour it over the crust and spread evenly. Top with cheddar and green onions.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Allow pizza to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
Prep Time: 1 Minute
"This is a mixture of spices that approximates what you would buy in a package of taco seasoning. Depending on how spicy you and your family like your dishes, use as little or as much as you want."
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
The Creative Cook