Moroccan Orange Cake
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 40 mins.
1-1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder (WOW)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
zest from 1 or 2 oranges
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a tube pan. If using fresh oranges, zest and juice them.
- With an electric mixer or by hand, beat together the eggs and sugar until thick. Gradually beat in the oil.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt, and then the orange juice. Beat until smooth, and then mix in the zest and vanilla.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan, and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 7 to 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
The Creative Cook