Sunday, August 29, 2010

Strawberry Lemonade Recipe

The summer is almost over :( 

My boy is headed back to school on Tuesday so for me tomorrow is the last day of summer even though I know that summer is not actually over for a few weeks.

I really love the fall but it is hard to deal with the end of a relaxing three month vacation from getting up early and all that sun and fun. 

In honor of the end of summer, I decided to post this very summery drink recipe.   I found in in Woman's Day Magazine.  The picture was so pretty and it looked so refreshing.  I am a huge fan of lemonade but I usually don't order lemonade or tea with other fruits mixed in.  This lemonade is an exception.  It is very tasty.  I will make it again and perhaps add a bit of vodka for some kick?

Strawberry Lemonade Recipe

Ingredients:

3 cups water
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 cups lemon juice (about 8 to 10 lemons)
1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
1 liter seltzer or sparkling water

Garnish:  lemon slices and mint (optional)

Recipe Preparation:

1.  In a 2-quart saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved.  Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.  Let cool completely.

2.  Place strawberries in blender with 1/2 cup lemonade mixture.  Blend until pureed.  Strain puree through a fine sieve to remove seeds.  Add puree to remaining lemonade mixture, stir well to combine.  Refrigerate until serving.

3.  To serve:  Stir in seltzer.  Pour over ice.  Garnish with lemon and mint, if using.

Enjoy!

The Creative Cook

0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: