Saturday, September 10, 2011

Blueberry Balsamic Pork Chops

I know that some of you don't like blueberries but I have a bunch of them still in my freezer. I also have several "bone-in" pork chops.  So I decided to make this recipe for dinner.  I know that the recipe recommends using boneless pork chops but I just cooked the bone-in ones a bit longer than suggested.  It worked out great!  Try this recipe.  I made it with Giada's Herbed Quinoa recipe that I got from Food Network's website.  I also served some zucchini but any side vegetable that you like is fine.  My son approved of the pork, the quinoa and the zucchini!



Serves 4

4 boneless center loin pork chops
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
Salt and pepper to season
½ cup white wine or chicken stock
½ tsp thyme
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
3 tablespoons butter

Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Pan fry the pork chops in the olive oil and garlic until completely cooked about 4-5 minutes per side. Hold the pork chops in a warm oven. 

Put the blueberries, balsamic vinegar, wine (or stock), thyme, nutmeg and brown sugar in a non-reactive pan.  Bring the sauce to a boil.  Simmer to reduce the volume of the sauce by half. Add the lemon juice and butter and simmer for an additional minute or so until the sauce slightly thickens.  Season with salt and pepper to taste and spoon the sauce over the cooked pork chops.  Sprinkle each pork chop with Blue Cheese.  

Enjoy!

1 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS:

Annesphamily said...

Oohh...these sund yummy! I love my berries! My oldest daughter is a balsamic vinegar queen! Loves to cook with it! Great recipe. Thanks for sharing. Anne