Monday, September 26, 2011

Crock Pot Chili Pork Chops

I found this recipe on Food.com yesterday.  I made it on a whim because it got really great reviews from quite a few people.  Also, it looked easy to make.  I am very interested in easy recipes right now because I am back working temporarily.  It is only a three days a week job but there is enough work for full-time.  Especially since I am learning how to do everything from scratch.  My niece L gave us a bunch of pork chops (bone-in) from a pig they bought.  They don't particularly like pork chops but I figured I would try different recipes that she and my nephew might like, too.  This one is very easy and it smells great. I haven't eaten it yet but I expect it to be delicious!  The recipe says it makes 3 portions.  I will have to see about that.



Crock Pot Chili Pork Chops
Photo
Photo by Chef shapeweaver ©


Ingredients:

1/2 cup chopped onions
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 -3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon chili powder
5 -6 pork chops (bone in preferred)
salt and pepper

Directions:

  1. Cook onions in oil until lightly brown.
  2. Add garlic, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, water, ketchup and salt and pepper.
  3. Cover and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
  4. Arrange pork chops in crock pot, pour sauce over the chops.
  5. Cover and cook on LOW HEAT for 6-7 hours.


0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: