Thursday, March 22, 2012

Barbecued Pulled Chicken Sandwiches


I almost forgot to post this recipe. This is the first time I ever tried making pulled chicken. I made it last week and it was a very good work-night meal. I would recommend it. Sadly, I didn't make a note about where the original recipe came from. I always like to give praise when it is due. My son, who really wanted pulled-pork that day, even enjoyed this chicken.

Barbecued Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

For the Chicken:

1 medium onion, thinly sliced

1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts

6 hamburger buns, split and toasted

For the Sauce:

½ cup ketchup

½ cup barbecue sauce

2 tablespoons cider vinegar

2 tablespoons molasses

1 tablespoon yellow mustard

¼ teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon onion powder

¼ teaspoon cumin

½ teaspoon garlic powder

½ teaspoon chili powder

½ teaspoon paprika

1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 pinch salt

3 tablespoons light brown sugar

1 teaspoon Hot Sauce

Directions:

1. Cover the bottom of a slow-cooker with the onions. Place the chicken on top of the bed of onions.

2. In a medium bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients and pour on top of the chicken

3. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is fork-tender and shreds easily, about 6 hours. Pull apart chicken with two forks. Serve on top of toasted split buns.

Enjoy!


The Creative Cook

0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: