Crock Pot Dulce de Leche Recipe
2-14 oz. cans of sweetened condensed milk
3 half pint size jars
1. Open cans of sweetened condensed milk and pour into three half pint jars, dividing evenly. Put on lids and rings.
2. Place jars into crock pot.
3. Fill crock pot with water so that it covers the top of the jars by at least one inch.
4. Turn crock pot onto low and set timer for 10 hours.
5. After 10 hours remove jars from crock pot.
6. Let cool.
7. Open the lid and grab a spoon.
It amazed me that I could put some sweetened condensed milk in a crockpot for a few hours and then take out this delicious, creamy stuff. I am planning to make a cheese cake with it. I think it is going to be great. Dulce de leche can be used to make cupcakes, brownies and much more. It can also be used as a dip instead of chocolate. Or just eat it straight out of the jar!
The Creative Cook