Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Southern Chicken with Peaches


I made this chicken about two weeks ago.  The recipe caught my eye because both my boys love peaches.  My husband liked it a lot but my son told me he would have enjoyed it more if I had used say peach jam instead of whole peaches.  Oh well...  I liked it.  



Southern Chicken with Peaches
Serves: 4
Cooking Time: 25 mins.

Ingredients:

¼ cup all-purpose flour
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
2 tablespoons butter
1 (20 ounce) package frozen sliced peaches
1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 small onion, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¾ teaspoon ground red pepper
½ teaspoon salt

Instructions:

1.       Place flour in a shallow dish.  Dip chicken breast in flour, coating completely.
2.       In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.  Add coated chicken and brown 2 to 3 minutes per side.  Transfer chicken to a platter and set aside.
3.       Add remaining ingredients to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until peaches are thawed and sauce begins to thicken.  Return chicken to skillet and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and sauce has thickened.
4.       Serve over hot cooked rice.

Enjoy!

The Creative Cook

0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: