Rodelle Strawberry Yogurt Cake
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
Zest of 1 lemon (about 1 T)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 T lemon juice, divided
8 oz. plain or vanilla, Greek yogurt
1/3 cup buttermilk or milk
1 tsp. Rodelle vanilla extract
12 oz. fresh strawberries, diced
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan (10-15 cup pan).
3. Sift together the 2-1/4 cups flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
5. With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
6. Beat in the eggs one at a time then stir in 1 T lemon juice.
7. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
8. Add the buttermilk and vanilla extract.
9. Mix until combined.
10. Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
11. Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
12. Allow to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
13. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 T of lemon juice and the powdered sugar.
14. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
The Creative Cook