Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Italian Pizzelles

I brought these cookies to a family reunion and and my cousin Jennie asked me to give her the recipe for the Pizzelles. Her boyfriend said that "they were to die for."  In order to make them properly, you need an electric pizzelle baker.

Italian Pizzelles
3 eggs
1-3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon anise extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter* (melted)
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup sugar**
Beat eggs and sugar. Add cooled melted butter, vanilla and anise. Sift flour and baking powder and add to egg mixture. Batter will be stiff enough to be dropped by spoon. Batter can be refrigerated to be used at a later time. Makes approximately 30 pizzelles.
*Do not use oil or margarine as a substitute.
**I reduced the amount of sugar to 1/2 cup just because I don't like things to be too sweet.
Also, I have a Prima Pizzelle Baker by VillaWare (Classic Italian Kitchenware).

0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: