Monday, February 16, 2009

Lasagna Soup - Update

I had a friend ask me if the lasagna soup could be made meatless. My thought is, why not? Many people make meatless or vegetarian versions of lasagna. Personally, I think spinach would be good in this soup if you can get your family to eat it. I am sure that if your kids like mushrooms the way D does, they would be a good addition or even a substitution for the meat in this recipe. I'm trying to think of more substitutes for the sausage. I am not a vegetarian but I remember when my niece was a vegetarian several years ago, she would have suggested tofu. I don't cook with tofu because D had a soy allergy. I think he is over that allergy now since he hasn't had any problems with reactions to soy in quite a while. I still avoid tofu and soy based foods when I can. I am not a big fan of soy.

If you can come up with more ideas of what could be substituted for the meat in the Lasagna Soup, please send me a quick email or leave a comment.

0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: