Saturday, December 25, 2010

Eggnog French Toast




Merry Christmas!




I decided to make something special for Christmas Morning breakfast this year.  I had left over eggnog from the eggnog cookies I made so I thought Eggnog French Toast would be perfect this morning!  I started with a recipe from www.cooks.com and added a few touches that I got from the Alton Brown french toast recipe I posted a few years ago.  It came out great.

Egg Nog French Toast

Adapted from Cooks.com

Ingredients:

 
1 cup commercial eggnog
2 eggs
6 slices cinnamon bread (Arnold)
1 tablespoon honey (warmed)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar


Directions:

In a small bowl, combine egg, egg nog and honey with a fork just until egg breaks up.

Put sliced bread in a shallow flat-bottomed bowl.  Pour egg mixture over bread and let sit for 2-3 minutes per side.  Then place sliced bread onto a cooling rack for another 2 minutes to let excess egg mixture drip off.

In an electric skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and saute each slice over medium heat (350 degrees) for 3 minutes or until golden brown.

Turn over and cook an additional 1-1/2 minutes.  Serve, sprinkled with sugar and pat of butter.  Or pour over a little warm maple syrup, if desired.

Enjoy!

The Creative Cook




0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: