The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Ingredients: (what you will need for the best buffalo chicken dip recipe):
· 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast (or approx 2-3 large chicken breasts)
· 1 cup of ranch dressing ( Hidden Valley, Kraft, or Wishbone)
· 1 cup of Franks Original Red Hot (do not substitute this please)
· 1 8 oz block of cream cheese (do not use fat free, 1/3rd less fat OK)
· 1 package of fancy shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- Green onions (optional)
You will also need the following items to dip into the best buffalo chicken dip... Bite size tortilla chips, celery, wheat thins, Triscuits or a combination of all of them.
Here are your step by step instructions:
- Boil your chicken breasts on the stove in a medium to large sauce pan, on medium heat about 30 to 45 minutes or until cooked all the way through and pre heat your oven to 350 F.
- While the chicken is boiling cut the cold cream cheese into cubes and place them into an 11.5" x 8" x 2" Pyrex style baking dish lightly misted with buttered flavor Pam.
- Evenly sprinkle the fancy shredded cheese on top of the cream cheese cubes.
- Pour the 1 cup of ranch and the 1 cup of Franks Red Hot on top of the cheesy mixture and place the dish into the oven uncovered for 7 to 10 minutes. You will want to stir the mixture after about 7 to 10 minutes and put it back in the oven and bake an additional 7 to 10 minutes and stir until mixture and cream cheese is well mixed together.
- While the mixture is baking and your chicken is done boiling you will want to shred your chicken. The best way to do this is by putting the pan into the sink and running cold water over the chicken to speed up the process, once cooled you may hand shred the chicken into a bowl.
- After the cheesy mixture is done baking and mixed together well you may now add the chicken, simply pour the chicken on top of the mixture, carefully stir the mixture well and cover with aluminum foil and bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once baked you can carefully pour into your serving bowl, garnish with green onion and celery and enjoy!