I made this recipe for my son's Robotics Club banquet. It went over very well. I think it was a success because most of the other desserts were store-bought. None of the other desserts were made with fruit, either. It is an easy dessert to make and turned out to be very tasty. I upped the sugar from 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup.
Triple Berry Crisp
by Mario Batali
2 cups blueberries
2 cups raspberries
2 cups blackberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Limoncello
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
Raspberry Gelato or Vanilla Ice Cream (to serve)
powdered sugar (to garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 9 x 9 baking dish with butter.
2. In a large bowl, gently toss together the berries and sugar. Make a slurry with the Limoncello and cornstarch. Stir into the berry mixture and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
3. Distribute the Crisp topping evenly over the berries and bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden on top.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
5. Serve warm with a scoop of raspberry gelato or vanilla ice cream and powdered sugar.
6. For the Crisp Topping: Whisk together the dry ingredients until evenly combined. Blend in the butter with your hands for pastry blender until pea-sized.