Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Olive Garden Style Chicken Gnocchi Soup

I went to lunch today with a friend. We ate at Olive Garden. We had their soup, bread sticks and salad lunch special. It was a wonderful treat. We both got the new Chicken Gnocchi Soup. My friend was so enamored with the soup that she thought about buying three more servings to take home for her hubby and kids but I convinced her to try making it herself at home. I had high hopes of finding a "copycat" recipe inspired by this wonderful Olive Garden soup. I was very successful and I plan to make this soup very soon for my family. Please try it. I will most likely substitute chicken broth for the bullion cubes because of the MSG in most (if not all) bullion cubes that I have ever seen. If you know about any chicken bullion cubes sold that do not contain any form of MSG, please please please email me or send me some feedback about them. Here is the recipe that I found:


Olive Garden Style Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
Post By Heather (Guest Post) (11/09/2008)

I used this recipe and I absolutely loved the soup. It seems to be the closest to the Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Cream Soup. From beginning to end it takes about 10 min. of prep and 30 min. cook time.

1/3 cup olive oil or butter
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 lb. chicken
1/3 cup flour
1/2 carrot shredded
1 stick of celery
1/2 cup fresh chopped spinach
2-1/2 cups whole milk
1-1/2 cup heavy cream
3 chicken bullion cubes
Cracked pepper to taste
17.6 oz. of Gnocchi from Target

On medium heat. Melt butter in a soup pot, add in the garlic and saute, add your chicken and cook through out. Add flour and stir in flour and mix well until the flour is cooked into the chicken. Next add your milk and heavy cream, then add the veggies (carrots, celery, spinach). Add three bullion cubes. Add your Gnocchi last it, takes 3-4 min. to cook through. Mix ingredients well until soup thickens and stir occasionally. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

The Creative Cook

0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: