This recipe comes from a cookbook called "Baked: New Frontiers in Baking" via another cooking blog called Sweet Peas Kitchen. It sounded so good to me that I couldn't resist making it.
Espresso Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
1-1/2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (about 4)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup whole milk (half and half or buttermilk can be substituted)
1 large egg
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix well bananas, sugar, butter, milk and eggs until well incorporated.
3. In another bowl, whisk together flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Mix together the dry and wet ingredients and stir until combined. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth.
5. Add chocolate chips.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.