I made this recipe for dinner. It is a copycat for the Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish Grill. I have never tried the shrimp but my son and my husband both absolutely love it. I doubled this recipe and did not notice that I was supposed to "double dip" the chicken in the breading. It was still delicious!
Bang Bang Chicken
½ cups Mayonnaise
5 teaspoons Siracha Sauce
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 egg, beaten
½ cup milk
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon dried basil
5 chicken tenderloins
Vegetable oil, for frying
1. Prepare a plate lined with paper towels for the chicken after it is done cooking in the oil. Set aside.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce (mayo, Siracha, sugar, and rice vinegar) and set aside.
3. In a small, shallow dish, combine the egg and milk. Set aside.
4. In another shallow dish, combine the ingredients for the breading (flour, panko, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried basil). Set aside.
5. Bread the chicken by first coating it in the bread mixture then the egg wash then back in the breading. Put the coated chicken on a plate. Continue until all the chicken has been breaded.
6. Pop the plate of chicken into the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. That will help the breading stick to the chicken.
7. In a large skillet, add a thin layer of vegetable oil and place over medium high heat.
8. Once the oil is glistening, add the chicken (you may need to do it in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan) and cook the chicken until breading is crispy and golden brown.
9. Once the first batch is done, put the cooked chicken on the prepared plate with the paper towel. Continue with the second batch and once that is cooked, add that to the prepared plate.
10. In a large bowl, put in your cooked chicken and pour the sauce all over. Toss well to coat ever bite.