Sweet'n Spicy Crispy Chicken
Makes: 8 servings
Nonstick cooking spray
1/2 cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
2 cups crushed cornflakes
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 13 by 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. To make the glaze: Whisk together apricot preserves, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl.
3. Mix together the cornflakes, salt, thyme and black pepper on a piece of waxed paper.
4. Brush chicken breasts with apricot glaze and coat in cornflake mixture. Arrange chicken in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
5. Bake chicken 35 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
The article also mentions that you can dredge the chicken in these ingredients instead of cornflakes:
- 2-1/2 cups crushed whole-wheat melba toast
- 1-1/2 cups whole-wheat flour + 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1-1/4 cups whole-wheat flour + 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups whole-wheat bread crumbs + 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar
The Creative Cook