Sunday, September 2, 2012

Frozen Mocha or Cappuccino



These frozen mochas are my new obsession.  I have made them a few times already.  I don't know what it is about these but they are delicious.   I have not yet read any of the Coffee House Mysteries but I hope to read one soon.  They sound like my kind of books.


Cleo Coyle’s Chilly Cleoccino!
(Frozen Cappuccino or Mocha)
From www.coffeehousemystery.com

Serves: 8-ounces

Ingredients:

1/3 cup coffee (4 coffee ice cubes)
1/3 cup milk (low fat is fine)
2 teaspoons sugar (or more)
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (for mocha)
Whipped cream (optional)

Directions:

Step 1: Fill an ice cube tray with leftover coffee and freeze.

Step 2: Remove four coffee ice cubes (per 8-ounce serving) and place in blender.

Step 3: Add milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and (optional) cocoa for an iced mocha frappe.

Step 4: Pulse the blender to chop the coffee ice cubes into fine particles.  You can create a very icy drink with small ice chips or you can run the blender full speed until the mixture is completely liquefied yet still cold and frothy.  

Enjoy!

The Creative Cook

0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: