Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cake

Recently, I have been thinking about chocolate chips. You already have my favorite oatmeal chocolate cookie recipe but I have another favorite chocolate chip recipe. This one is for chocolate chip cake. It is really yummy. Just sitting here thinking about it, I can smell it baking in my oven. The recipe is from another unusual source. It comes from my favorite Lang calendar. My sister would buy that calendar for me every year. Then one year it just disappeared. Lang stopped publishing it. It was called the American Kitchen Calendar. I have several recipes from it in my favorite recipe drawer. This one is from the 2003 American Kitchen Calendar. Enjoy!

CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE

1 box Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
4 eggs
½ cup water
½ cup Wesson oil
4 oz pkg German Chocolate, grated
8 oz sour cream
6 oz pkg. chocolate chips, miniature
1 box Jello Instant Vanilla pudding

Mix above together well. Pour into greased bundt or tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Cool and remove from pan. Frost if desired or sprinkle with powdered sugar.


The Creative Cook

0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: