Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cranberry Meatballs

This is a wonderful recipe that I made for my cookie exchange.  I admit that I cheated and used premade meatballs but I will definitely make it again using the actual meatball recipe.  The recipe was sent to me by a FB friend.  Thank you, Miss C!


Cranberry Meatballs

Meatballs:

½ cup cream (or beer)
1 1/2 cups fine breadcrumbs
1 lb. each lean ground beef and ground pork
1 medium onions finely chopped
2 eggs
1-1/2 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp allspice

Mix all ingredients together and form into balls.  Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20 mins., then turn pan (not the meatballs) and cook for 10 more.  When cool, meatballs can be frozen.

Sauce:

1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 large bottle chili sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard

In a crock pot mix all ingredients together, turn on low heat and add meatballs.  Cook all day on low.

Enjoy!

0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: