Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sweet Potato Bisque

I got this recipe from my neighbor.  I don't think she would mind if I share it since she had put in in my son's middle school fundraiser cookbook.  It is very easy to make and super tasty.  It is a good way for me to use sweet potatoes that I can enjoy.  I don't particularly like sweet potatoes even though I know how much healthier they are than white potatoes.  That subject comes up a lot on this blog.

Sweet Potato Bisque

This soup is simple, rich and easy to make.

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup celery (chopped)
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a 4 quart saucepan.  Add the onions and celery.  Saute for 10 minutes.  Add the diced sweet potato and chicken broth.  Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium, cover and cook for 25 minutes until the potatoes are very tender.  Puree the potatoes in a blender (in small batches) or with a hand-held immersion blender.  Stir in the milk.  Season to taste with the salt and pepper.  Reheat and serve.

Enjoy!

0 ADD/VIEW COMMENTS: